Occupational Therapy (OT)
OT Assessment & Treatment Services for Neurological Conditions
We all have things that we want to do, need to do or must do. Occupational Therapy (OT) focuses on supporting you to do those things meaningful to you during and following illness or injury. OT also supports establishing healthy habits to minimise health deterioration or anticipate health changes with progressive conditions. You may already have had OT input or, perhaps, been unsure about whether this would benefit you.
To discuss your needs simply contact us using the link below or select a meeting time by clicking on the 'Speak to Bridget' blue widget at the bottom.
Occupational Therapy works with you, for you, to help you achieve your goals. These can be:
- Returning to doing an activity that you now find difficult,
- Resuming life roles that are now restricted because of illness or injury such as going to work or managing a home,
- Exploring new interests if you are no longer able to engage in your existing hobbies or are now restricted,
- Finding alternative ways of doing things if you have physical restrictions,
- Considering the use of technology and equipment to help overcome physical and cognitive difficulties,
- Learning more about your condition and supporting you with challenges you may face,
- Looking at your daily and weekly schedule and considering ways to improve fatigue and pain management,
- Understanding more about difficulties that may be restricting your independence,
- Helping your family or significant others to support you by providing education and strategies so that relationships are maintained.
OT interventions will start with an assessment in a location of your choosing or virtually. Treatment sessions and goals are set together and each session will have a plan and a focus. It is important that you remain empowered and can make your own decisions and collaborate for successful outcomes of therapy input
Occupational Therapy assessment and treatment is offered for adults and older adults with the following diagnoses and conditions, among others (that may not be listed below).
- Medical conditions
- Neurological conditions including progressive conditions, Brain Injury, Stroke, Parkinson's Disease, Multiple Sclerosis
- Chronic pain and fatigue
- Disorders of Consciousness and sensory modalities rehabilitation programmes
- Physical and cognitive rehabilitation
- Postural assessment and advice on wheelchairs or seating
- Advice on small aids and adaptations
- Community reintegration, including returning to work.
- Education on illness, pacing, daily activity structuring
- Challenging behaviours and executive dysfunction
No referral will be accepted unless the client has provided consent, unless there is an accompanying Mental Capacity Assessment form indicating that a referral/assessment is required in an individual’s best interests.
Please contact us to discuss an enquiry or referral. If you would like to proceed to a formal referral please complete the online referral form by clicking on the link below :
Referral enquiry form for case managers, healthcare professionals or individuals or their families
Share this page ...